These White Chocolate Coconut Brownies are the perfect blend of chewy coconut and sweet white chocolate. They're fudgy on the inside, crispy on top, and all over melt-in-your-mouth delicious! If you like coconut, you'll love these brownies!!
White Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Personally, I like coconut, but I'm not a big fan of white chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate is more to my taste and is what I use when making Rocky Road Brownies and Cheesecake Brownies. Dark chocolate is also a favorite of mine. But, other than for Rich Chocolate Pecan Brownies, I haven't used dark chocolate much for baking.
White chocolate tends to be a bit sweet for my liking so I was hesitant to make these White Chocolate Coconut Brownies. However, there's something about this mix of ingredients that mellows out the sweetness of the chocolate. It may be the 5 eggs in the batter, I'm not sure, but I was pleasantly surprised when the coconut brownies weren't too sweet. Yes, they're sweet like a brownie should be, just not over-the-top sweet.(This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.)
The first time I made this recipe I under cooked the brownies. The edges were chewy, but the centers were gooey. (Don't worry though, my family and friends still gobbled them up!) My second attempt met with better success. The edges were crisp and the centers were set but still chewy.
What made the difference? Increasing the baking time by a few minutes and checking the center with a wooden pick for doneness. It can be tempting to take the coconut brownies out of the oven when the top looks done, but it's all about the center.
Tips For Making White Chocolate Coconut Brownies:
- After greasing the bottom and sides of the baking dish, line the pan with enough parchment paper so the parchment overhangs the long sides. This will allow you to lift the brownies out of the baking dish once they've cooled.
- The cooking time will vary depending on your oven. You'll want to check for doneness with a wooden pick inserted into the middle of the brownies. The top of the brownies will look done before the center is completely cooked.
White Chocolate Coconut Brownies are crispy on top, fudgy on the inside, and full of delicious flavor. If you like coconut, you have to give these brownies a try. I know you'll be glad you did. Enjoy!
Kitchen Tools Recommended for Making White Chocolate Coconut Brownies:
- 9"x13" glass baking dish - A glass baking dish works well for distributing heat more evenly allowing the middle to finish cooking before the edges are overdone. This baking dish also works well with chicken recipes, lasagna, and casseroles.
- Double boiler - This works great for slowly melting the chocolate and butter over steam instead of direct heat. You can also use a heat safe glass mixing bowl over a saucepan - I love this set because of the flexibility of the bowl sizes.
- Parchment paper - Lining the baking dish with parchment makes it easy to remove the brownies from the dish. It also makes clean up a breeze!!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog, don't forget to leave a star rating and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I really enjoy hearing from you!
White Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- 1 ⅓ cups gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9"x13" glass baking dish. Line with parchment paper so the parchment overhangs the long sides of the dish.
- Whisk the flour, xanthan gum and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels and butter in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter have completely melted. Turn off the heat, but leave the double boiler on the burner.
- Add the sugars to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Carefully remove the double boiler insert and pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the 5 eggs, one at a time, into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut and flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Fold the coconut and flour mixture into the chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Evenly spread the batter in the prepared baking dish. Bake on the center rack for 32-36 minutes, rotating the dish halfway through the baking time. The brownies are done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before lifting them out with the parchment paper. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Line the greased baking dish with enough parchment paper so the parchment overhangs the long sides.
- Insert a wooden pick into the middle of the brownies to make sure the center is completely done.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on products and brands you use. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the ingredients you are using with your preferred nutrition calculator.