Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Are Moist, Sweet, And Filled With Blueberry Flavor. A Perfect Treat For Breakfast Or An Afternoon Snack!
Summer is fast approaching and with it a bounty of fresh berries. You probably think I’m going to promote these muffins as the perfect opportunity to use some ripe blueberries. And yes, you can use fresh berries, but I really like using frozen blueberries for this recipe.
I’ve made these muffins a couple of times with fresh blueberries, but the frozen blueberries make these muffins extra moist. Plus, you can’t beat the convenience and year-round availability of the frozen variety.
These Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins come together very quickly and don’t require any fancy equipment to prepare. You need a mixing bowl, a wire whisk, measuring cups and spoons, a fork, spatula, muffin pan, baking cups and that’s it.
Preparing the muffin batter couldn’t be easier. Simply whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, stir the wet ingredients together in a liquid measuring cup, pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and use a fork to combine everything together.
Add the frozen blueberries and fold into the batter with a spatula. Divide the batter between the baking cups and bake for 20 minutes. It’s as quick and easy as that!
A COUPLE TIPS FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
- Lining your muffin pan with baking cups works better than greasing the pan. These muffins are delicate and the baking cups help the muffins keep their shape when you remove them from the pan. The baking cups also make storing and transporting the muffins easier.
- Use a liquid measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup when mixing the wet ingredients together. (I use the 2-cup size giving me room to quickly stir without sloshing the liquid over the sides.)
Jim and I really enjoy these Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. They’re perfect as a quick breakfast with coffee before heading off to work, or as a snack any time of the day. We go through these muffins so quickly I need to start making more than one batch at a time.
If you’re looking for a quick muffin recipe and enjoy the flavor of blueberries, give these Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins a try. I know you’ll be baking them again and again! Happy Baking!
LOOKING FOR MORE MUFFIN RECIPES?
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffins
- Easy Sweet Cornbread Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Healthy Quinoa Banana and Strawberry Muffins
- Triple Berry Gluten Free Muffins
If you liked this recipe, follow my Gluten Free Breads and Muffins board on Pinterest.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup nut milk (cashew or almond)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin pan with baking cups.
Whisk together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Using a 2-cup liquid measure, add the vegetable oil and egg. Continue filling the liquid measure to the 1-cup line with almond or cashew milk.
Add the vanilla to the liquid measure and stir until combined.
Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and use a fork to mix everything together.
Use a spatula to fold the frozen blueberries into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly between the baking cups.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
Serve plain or with butter.
Recipe adapted from Nerdy Foodie Mom