(This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.)
Do you eat breakfast? If not, you don't know what you're missing! I need a quick breakfast to get me ready for the work day. One of my go-to choices is this Pecan Pumpkin Hotcakes recipe. I love the pecan and pumpkin flavor combination.
My husband Jim and I both work during the week and time for breakfast in the morning is limited. One of the things I like about these hotcakes is they can be made in advance. Making these hotcakes on the weekend, when I have more time, works great! I freeze them in packages of two so they are available any time during the week.
These hotcakes mix up pretty quickly and the almond butter adds to the nutty flavor. Baking them is easy. You simply put a ⅓ cup scoop of batter, for each hotcake, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12 - 16 minutes.
I really should double the recipe and bake two pans instead of one.
Since time is limited in the morning, I do as much prep work as I can the night before. I get the Keurig filled with water, set out k-cups®, and take the hotcakes out of the freezer to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, we pop a hotcake in the microwave on high for 30 seconds and it's ready to go. Jim likes his with syrup, but I prefer mine plain. I've tried them with both syrup and jam, but I really like the simple nutty flavor without any toppings.
These tasty hotcakes are filling and go great with coffee, tea or your beverage of choice. Give these Pecan Pumpkin Hotcakes a try, and find out why we enjoy them several times a week.
More Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog, don't forget to leave a star rating and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I really enjoy hearing from you!
Pecan Pumpkin Hotcakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 ½ tablespoons Truvia
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond butter, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans, truvia, and baking soda and mix well.
- Stir in the melted almond butter, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and then stir into the mixture.
- For each hotcake, scoop ⅓ cup of the batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 16 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on products and brands you use. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the ingredients you are using with your preferred nutrition calculator.