These Gluten Free Mini Chicken Pot Pies are quick and easy comfort food. They have the same big flavor of traditional chicken pot pie, bundled in a smaller package.
There are days when the stresses of life call for a little comfort food. The kind of food that's easy to prepare and gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling when you enjoy it.
A hearty and filling soup or chowder can fit the bill, but sometimes a lighter option is in order. These mini pot pies are full of delicious flavor without being heavy or overly filling.
One of the nice things about these mini pies, is the flexibility you have with the serving size. The recipe makes 12 mini pies, but you get to decide how many is the right serving for you. You might have one for a snack, a couple for lunch, and two or three with a salad for dinner.
It doesn't take many tools to create these pot pies. You'll need a nonstick skillet, mixing bowl, muffin pan, whisk, and measuring cups and spoons.
Here's how to make Gluten Free Mini Chicken Pot Pies:
Whisking the baking ingredients together creates the "pot pie" batter. Add about a tablespoon of batter to the bottom of each muffin cup.
Once the chicken pot pies are finished baking, cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan. Use a table knife to go around the pies and loosen the edges from the pan. Remove the pies and allow to cool for another 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
These mini pot pies will store for several days in the fridge. Pop them in the microwave for 90 seconds on medium power and they'll taste like you just took them out of the oven.
If you're looking for some quick and easy comfort food, give these mini pot pies a try. Have them for dinner with a salad, or pack up a couple to take in your lunch. Enjoy!
Looking for More Gluten Free Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Enchiladas for Two
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Chicken Marsala and Brown Rice for Two
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog, don't forget to leave a star rating and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I really enjoy hearing from you!
Gluten Free Mini Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- ½ cup nut milk (almond or cashew)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 12 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil, over medium-high heat, in a nonstick skillet. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
- Add the onion and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in seasonings and frozen vegetables and heat until hot. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes before stirring in cheese.
- While chicken mixture is cooling, in a medium bowl, whisk together baking ingredients into a thin batter.
- Place a tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup. Add ¼ cup of the chicken mixture, and top with about a tablespoon of batter. Divide any remaining batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the muffin pan.
- Using a table knife, go around each pot pie to loosen the sides from the pan. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on products and brands you use. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the ingredients you are using with your preferred nutrition calculator.
RESOURCES TO MAKE MINI CHICKEN POT PIES
Flavor Walk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.